Friday 5 March 2010

Lighting

Okay, so i have now finished my guitar animation and i know need to think about the lighting. Now i have not really done much work on lighting and as my piece is quite dark i am thinking that i do not need all that much on my sheep.


As you can see the overall image is quite dark. this is not how the room originally was but this is how the video camera has caught it. There are three little blue spot lights behind Daniel. Now my sheep is going to be on the other side of the stage. Daniels left arm shows very slight lighting to him, there is a line of light and the left of him is in the shade if you will. So in order to try and capture this right i am thinking that i will be placing a light to the left hand side, and maybe have it slightly behind him. I do not think i will have a hint of blue in my lighting as you can not see this on Daniel. I may also need to place another light on the floor but i shall experiment where i shall place this. I need to remember to have the intensity low or my sheep may become too bright to the overall piece.

Here is my sheep in this first position, if you look closely you will be able to see a slight bit of lighting to him on his left hand side, this mainly shows on his arm and body. I do not really want the body to have so much light but as he has quite a round stomach i am not sure how much i can deduce this. I would like a little reflection on the guitar if possible too. You can not see this on Daniel guitar but i think it could be a quite nice effect on my prop.

No comments:

Post a Comment